The 2017 Mid-Atlantic Morgan Horse Sale was very well attended with incredible consignments and we topped last years highest per-head average in over a decade ($4,640) by reaching an all time high of $5,321. We thank our consignors for bringing us some of the best horses we’ve ever had the privilege of selling here and hope to see you again in 2018!
If you did not receive a catalog last year and would like to be on our mailing list, please send an email to us at email@example.com.
Held during the popular Pennsylvania Draft Horse and Driving Sale, our sale attendees enjoyed craft and food vendors, manufacturers and other equine and farm related presentations as well as some of the top draft and driving horses in the country presented for sale, all under the beautiful, heated and spacious Pennsylvania Farm Complex.
Plan on joining us next year! Below are the final bids on the horses sold at the 2017 sale —
Lot Number | Horse | Consignor | Final Bid
- French Memories (Leo Cordero) $4,700
- WVS Launa’s Champ (Amos Yoder Jr.) $12,000
- BJD Final Champagne (John David Stolzfus) $3,700
- CGO April (Carroll Osburn) $3,000
- Masque N Lee (Starcrest Stables) $6,500
- JSF Midnight Sailer (Amos Fisher) $6,750
- JE Flash Lite (Joseph Esh) No Sale at $2,500
- EY Morningstar’s Rusty (Morningstar Morgans) $10,000
- Starlit Acres Promotion (Mars Stables) $8,000
- Pleasantviews Powerstroke (David King Jr) $4,600
- Derawnda Pasifica (Shem Swarey) $5,300
- BJB Inspiration (Jonas Hershberger) $2,250
- D Bar J Iri-Orion (Matthew Miller) OUT
- Queen’s Chances Are (Mahlon Coblentz) $6,700
- KW Awesome Sunbeam (Eldon Lambright) No Sale at $5,700
- FMG’s Hot Tamale In Black (Buena Vista Morgans) $6,250
- Sinius Black Tie (Evening Star Morgans) $6,250
- Rising Sun Casey (Eli Ebersol) $3,500
- SVS Star Bright (Omar Stoltzfus) No Sale at $3,250
- E&L Mirrissa (Joseph Beiler) $2,500
- HBMS Wild Fire (Paul Jess) $5,300
- Famous Ruby (Marvin Miller) $3,800
- Elm Ranch Bolt (Samuel Detweiler) $5,000
- Alphastar Almost Illegal (Mark Fisher) $3,200
- Four Star Hank (Troyer Valley Stables) $3,700
- Mirror Mirror (Broadmoor) $6,500
- Immortal Captain (Tobias Swarey) $3,500
- MDMH Sugar (Amos Yoder Jr) $11,000
- Derawnda Windhawk (Derawnda Farms) $7,700
- ECS Credit Rosella (Amos Fisher) $1,100
- Private Selection (Firman Yoder) $6,400
- Chip-N-Alex (Starcrest Stables) $4,300
- Flash Golden Girl (Eli Hershberger) $3,500
- HBMS Noble Flight (Paul Stoltzfus Jr) $5,200
- HAE High Beam (Michael Lee Fisher) $3,700
- Acorn Ridge My Man (Mars Stables) $4,500
- Reflection’s Black Beauty (Daniel Bowman) $7,750
- Pleasantview’s Amarak (Mahlon Coblentz) $4,250
- Ferretti (Andrew Beiler) $5,000
- ELY Limelight (Enos & Lovina Yutzy) $1,900
- M U R Domination (Amos Yoder Jr) $10,250
- Sparkling Buttons (Harmony Acres) $3,000
- JDS De La Rentia (Jonas Hershberger) $3,750
- Derawnda Dreamwalker (Samuel Detweiler) $7,500
- Derawnda Silent Night (Derawnda Farms) $5,600
- WVS Extreme Demander (Buena Vista Morgans) $30,000
- THFM Jim-Bob (Skyline Morgan Stables) No Sale at $6,250
- Penny’s Lucky Ladd (Evening Star Morgans) No Sale at $5,500
- RisingSunDiana (Eli Ebersol) $4,100
- AHB Sunbeam Lilly (Buena Vista Morgans) $5,500
- RPS Par Excellence (Daniel Fisher/Benuel Stoltzfus) $3,250
- LSS Highlights Cinnamon (Elam Zook) $1,000
- LSS Highlights Cruiser (Elam Zook) OUT
- WVS Jane’s Imortal Bell (Amos Yoder Jr) $15,000
- Warriors Masque (Amos Fisher) $9,500
- Lucky Four Foot Trophy (Joseph Beiler) No Sale at $2,900
- Rustic V’s On Fire (Starcrest Stables) $10,000
- Alphastar Captain Crunch (Mark Fisher) No Sale at $1,250
- Nittanys Classy Boy (Shem Swarey) $4,200
- Derawnda Supreme Ruler (Derawnda Farms) $7,000
- BVMS Delights Sweet Rose (Buena Vista Morgans) $10,000
- OY Dutch Cruiser (Olan Yoder/Sam Kauffman Jr) No Sale at $2,800
- Bon Jovi’s Gold Chip (John David Stoltzfus) $5,400
- Sideways (Will Vidler) $3,400
- Pleasantview’s Black Ace (Mahlon Coblentz) $5,500
- Edna Jane (Enos & Lovina Yutzy) $3,250
- WVS Black Gold (Amos Yoder Jr) $16,250
- Obsessive Black Rose (Troyer Valley Stables) OUT
- Kish Creek’s Crystal (Sam Stoltzfus/S&F Stables) $5,500
- HHR Starfire Magic (Happy Valley Stables) $3,400
- Four Star Norma (Paul Jess) $3,000
- Romina’s Fire Gal (Roy Miller) $5,750
- Key Ms Center Stage (Samuel Detweiler) $4,100
- Illusion’s Flyer (Brookside Farm) $3,750
- Derawnda Wind Stream (Derawnda Farms) $8,200
- Ultras Godiva (Chestnut Ridge Morgans) $5,500
- Who Shoe’s Princes (Tobias Swarey) No Sale at $6,000
- BJB’s Command Performance (Elam Stolzfus) $5,200
- SMS Wellington (John Raber) $4,600
- FMG’s Black Cheyene (Floyd E. Graber) $3,500
- Wildly Wicked (Amos Fisher) $3,000
- Believeinmie (Free Spirit Morgans) $3,600
- Triple Pines Lee (Starcrest Stables) $5,200
- Triple Pines Dawson (Starcrest Stables) $3,750
- Grandview Stormy Night (Mark Fisher) No Sale at $3,600
- Who Knows (Andrew Beiler) $3,700
- Miss American Silk (Eli Ebersol) $3,200
- HVS AmericanStarsNStripes (Michael Miller) $4,250
- WS He’s All The Rage (Omar Stoltzfus) $5,000
- Derawnda Wind Turbine (Derawnda Farms) $7,700
- Ingates Here I Glow (Aden Weaver) $8,250
- ESM Bacardi Splash (Evening Star Morgans) $2,200
- HTLD Fine Design (Eldon Lambright) $4,300
- Archery Gunpowder (Joseph Beiler) OUT
- Mists Eastser Pete (Shem Swarey) No Sale at $2,800
- Four Star Powerstroke (Paul Jess) $3,100
- Pleasantview’s Norma Jean (Mahlon Coblentz) OUT
- DBS Rosetta (Daniel Bowman) $4,000
- Uno Crystal’s Dream (Sam Stoltzfus/S&F Stables) No Sale at $2,200
- LFM Beaming Roses (Happy Valley Stables) $3,500
- Astro’s Delight (John Raber) $6,250
- TWP Acres Alex Rocket (Paul Troyer) $4,500
- Romina’s Peace Maker (Roy Miller) $5,700
- Buck Creek’s Rocky (Elmer Fisher Jr) $4,250
- RH&MJ Sara Bell (Mahlon Miller) $1,500
- WVS Born To Be Wild (Amos Yoder Jr) $4,200
- CLS Freedom Winner (Chestnut Ridge Morgans) $9,700
- Stingray Classic Hope (Henry Troyer) $6,400
- Boxford Psychic (Joe Troyer) $7,750
- HRMF Uptown Beat (Troyer Valley Stables) $4,000
- Embrace The Heat (John Raber) $4,900
- Stingray-Kashmir (Joe Esch) $4,250
- WEM Nick In Motion (Steven Yoder) $4,200
- Round-Top Royal Cowboy (Jonas Hershberger) $3,250
- Valley Acres Prince (Samuel Detweiler) $3,500
- Pleasantview’s Serenity (Mahlon Coblentz) $2,800
- ELY Banjo (Enos & Lovina Yutzy) $4,000
SALE AVERAGE: $5,320.54/per head
Posted in News and tagged harrisburg morgan sale, mid-a sale, morgan auction, morgan sale, pa farm complex by Mid-Atlantic Morgan Sale
We’ve sent out 2017 Mid-Atlantic Morgan Sale Catalog to press, and you can download your digital copy by clicking on the image at left. We’ve got a great line up of well bred and well trained horses, as well as proven broodmares and some exceptional prospects. Make your travel arrangements for Harrisburg, Pennsylvania on January 18-19th and enjoy one of the winter’s most exciting events!
Posted in News and tagged breeding horses, harrisburg draft horse sale, harrisburg driving horse sale, morgan horse sale, prospects, show horses, trail horses by Mid-Atlantic Morgan Sale
All of our 2017 consignments are now ON LINE and our catalog is closed and in production. Visit our Consignments page to choose your next breeding, show, driving or family Morgan and make plans to be in Harrisburg, PA on January 17-18th.
Posted in News by Mid-Atlantic Morgan Sale
Today’s consignment additions include a 100% Lippitt gelding, just coming three years old and started in harness! Be sure to check out Amberfields Laredo on our Consignment page. Looking for a trail partner who knows her way around natural horsemanship? Legal Dreamer is for you!
Posted in News and tagged broodmare, carriage horse, endurance trail riding by Mid-Atlantic Morgan Sale
Today’s entries include a well bred mare by the late, great Cedar CreekHarlequin, several nice black prospects and more stallions you’ll be able to see in person during our Stallion Presentation! Go to our Consignments page to see the latest entries.
Posted in News and tagged black Morgan, broke to ride, driving horse, mare in foal, proven broodmare, proven sire, stallion prospect by Mid-Atlantic Morgan Sale
We’ve just posted a few of our stallions that will be appearing front and center in our popular STALLION PRESENTATION at the 2017 Mid-Atlantic Morgan Sale! Go to our Consignments page and scroll down and you’ll see the stallions listed toward the bottom. We have some great ones this year!
Posted in News and tagged morgan breeding, morgan horse sale, Morgan horses, morgan stallions by Mid-Atlantic Morgan Sale
Our first consignments for the 2017 Mid-Atlantic Morgan Sale in Harrisburg, PA on January 17-18, 2017 are now up on the website at https://morganhorseauction.com.
Included are prospects as well as finished driving horses, and some very well bred mares in foal for 2017.
Bookmark our Consignments page and follow us on Facebook to see the latest additions, which will be going up as received from now until sale time!
There is still consignment space available, download your forms at the website. And if you have a breeding stallion, our Stallion Presentation is one of the most popular events of the season!
Posted in News and tagged breeding horses, carriage driving, morgan horse auction, Morgan horses, Morgan horses for sale, morgans for sale, show horses, trail riding by Mid-Atlantic Morgan Sale
The 2016 Mid-Atlantic Morgan Horse Sale enjoyed tremendous attendance, high quality consignments and the highest per-head average in over a decade at $4,640 (including no-sales), verifying that the market for Morgan horses is certainly on the upswing.
Remarkably, consignor Amos Yoder, Jr. held the top five high selling positions in this year’s sale, an endorsement of the fine Morgan horses he continues to bring to the sale barn that buyers are willing to pay top dollar to take home. In the number one spot was lot number 67, FMG’s Generation of Ladys (No Star x Kauffmans Lovely Lady), a black 2012 mare in foal to Cool Whip (Mizrahi x Kim’s Bellegante) for an October 2016 arrival. At $12,500, this elegant mare was just $2,250 ahead of the second high selling horse, lot 88, HTLD Commander’s Shadow (KJM Soul Commander x Lilac Lane Miss Sunshine, by No Star), a 2014 dark bay stallion. Just coming two years old, Eldon Lambright was the breeder of this fine youngster and received $10,250 for his efforts.
In third position with a final bid of $9,300 was lot number 34, WVS Orangeblosom Special (No Star x NSM Midnight Lace, by Hollybrook Stage Rage), a tall, fancy mare with a lot of style, in foal to a son of World Champion Merriehill Home Stretch.
Proving that a powerful, black and well trained driving horse is still a valuable commodity, lot 47 and lot 97 sold for $8,700 and $8,600 respectively. Big Mack (Legendary Alex Kazam x Hidden Carral Betsy) is a 16.1 hand gelding that commanded the attention of astute drivers in attendance. GAF Tom Shoe’s Black Tux (Tom Shoe x GAF Black Magic), a six year old black gelding, was beautifully presented and bidders rewarded Yoder with suitable bids.
Attracting matching final bids of $8,000 each were lot 17, Heidi’s Sweet Tahoe (JMF Shanghai Knight x Heidi Swiss Miss), a 2009 black 16 hand gelding consigned by Elk Creek Stables for Amos Fisher, and lot 18, Wrangler’s Magic Flash (M-U-R Magic Wrangler x GAF Black Magic), a 2011 black gelding consigned by Amos Yoder, Jr. for Larry Campbell. Close behind them at $7,900 was lot 4, Magestic (Lone Ranger x BBY Rebell’s Charm), a five year old bay gelding consigned by Elk Creek Stables for Daniel Fisher.
Rounding out our top ten at $7,900 and $7,700 were lot 41 and lot 8. MDMH Magic Lady (Legendary Alex Kazam x De Ala Socorra), a beautiful, big black mare in foal to JMF Wind Walker, consigned by Ernie Yoder for long time sale supporter Derawnda Morgan Farms in Canada. SMSE Skyline Black Star (ICF Reasonably Certain x Shell Creek Black Ashes), a wonderful black gelding with lots of chrome for those who want to turn heads on the way to town, brought a nice price for consignor Mars Stables.
As one sale attendee described, “When the first horse went through at the start and commanded over $5,000, we all went running to the sale arena to see what all the fuss was about. It never stopped after that, everyone was buying and even the weanlings and yearlings were bringing good money. It was a great sale!”
Posted in News and tagged 2016 Morgan sale, harrisburg, mid-a sale results, morgan horse sale by Mid-Atlantic Morgan Sale
A true flaxen chestnut, linebred to Fleetwing and featuring close crosses to horses like Trophy and John A Darling, this is a lovely mare to breed or show. Consigned as Lot 98, the last horse in the sale, don’t miss her!
Posted in News by Mid-Atlantic Morgan Sale
Catalogs mailed the week of December 22nd, if you have not received yours by December 31st, please let us know and we’ll put one in the mail. Send your mailing address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted in News and tagged harrisburg morgan sale, mid-a morgan sale, morgan sale catalog by Mid-Atlantic Morgan Sale