We’ve started adding our consignments and stallions to our website for the 2019 Mid-Atlantic Morgan Sale, so cruise on over to our Consignments page to see what’s coming in January!
Posted in News by Mid-Atlantic Morgan Sale
Consignment and Stallion Presentation Forms for our 2019 Mid-Atlantic Morgan Horse Sale on January 15-16 are now available to download from our website at MorganHorseAuction.com.
Consignments are limited, so don’t wait!
Posted in News and tagged black Morgan, driving horses, morgan auction, morgan breeding, morgan horse sale, trail horse, trained driving horses by Mid-Atlantic Morgan Sale
The 15th Annual Mid-Atlantic Morgan Horse Sale enjoyed strong attendance at the beautiful Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex in Harrisburg, PA on January 17th. With 124 horses in the catalog, five substituted horses and just four pulled on sale day, buyers were left with a total of 120 horses to select from and bidding was enthusiastic. Although the temperatures were cold and the snow was gently falling both the day of the preview and the day of the sale, it was hardly noticeable from inside the climate controlled Farm Complex.
The sale kicked off with a 10-horse stallion presentation, with many notable sires making an appearance and several young stallions enjoying their first public display. Many stallion managers offered special booking discounts for sale-goers, and reported strong response by breeders who booked mares throughout the preview and sale days.
With total sales of $713,350, this year’s sale enjoyed a strong average of $5,945 with 110 horses selling. The top ten (actually top 12) impressively averaged $14,287.50, with all 12 horses selling for 5-figure prices.
Topping the 2018 sale at $18,000 was lot 62, a 16 hand black granddaughter of Tom Shoe, driven through stylishly by Amos Yoder Jr. for Larry R. Campbell. Sarjan’s Lady’s Princess was a 2-in-1 package, safe in foal the the good sire GLB Bell Pepper for 2018. Proving that breeding stock is important to these buyers, the second highest selling horse was lot 31, RG Denmark’s McClintock (RG Black Dandy x Coal Creek Lara), a 16 hand, six year old black stallion consigned by Harley Hockstadler Jr., who was reducing his herd by letting go of this fine, powerhouse of a stallion. Harley Yoder was the agent in this sale.
The beautiful black mare WVS Summer Sassafras (KJM Soul Commander x Ken-Mar Summer Wind), just four years old and in foal to Ledgefield Potenza, was the third highest selling horse at $16,500. Consigned and presented by Amos Yoder Jr., she was a beautiful ladies horse from start to finish and attracted lively bidding. Every gentleman in attendance had his hand up at one time or another while lot 107 was in the ring! Pin Oak’s Trooper (Lacyn Time x LAH Fancy) was a big, black sports car consigned by River Run Morgans. Harley Yoder enjoyed the drive while the bidders drove Trooper up to $14,000 on this wonderful harness horse.
Lot 6 and lot 42 were tied as the fifth highest selling horses at $13,000, and were worth every penny. Consigned by Larry Campbell and presented by Amos Yoder Jr., Sarajan’s LadyRocknRoll (Sarjan x Hidden Y’s Elaine), a five year old bay gelding, was attractive in looks and ability as he was broke both single and double. FMG’s Dej-A-Vou was a promising black son of TSL Starcraft, out of a daughter of Legendary Alex Kazam. Consigned by Floyd Graber and capably led though by Amos Yoder Jr., his price certainly reflected his promise.
Rounding out our top ten were lot 39, the breeding stallion CBMF Thomas Crown (CBMF Crown Prince x FRF Stolen Moment), consigned by John Suprenant and presented by Firman Yoder, at $12,500; lot 106, Radella (Rowenda Boogie On Down x JMF Royal Entertainment), a lovely black mare in foal to KJM Soul Commander, consigned by Bowman Equine Enterprises selling for $12,200; lot 14, the fancy black gelding BVMS Soul Legant (KJM Soul Commander x M-U-R Givenchy), consigned by Buenva Vista Morgans and presented by Firman Yoder, bringing $12,000 as did lot 102, WVS Flash Of Fire (KJM Soul Commander x MEM Flash Back), a beautiful bay mare in foal to GLB Bell Pepper and consigned by Amos Yoder Jr.; lot 77, the elegant black RisingSunDiana (Superbowl Night Hawk x EMK Dawn), consigned by Starcrest Stables and bringing $10,500; and finally the current 2017 Junior Exhibitor Park Harness World Champion Moe Tall (Man In Motion x Illustra Aurora), certainly the buy of the sale from the show horse category, bringing $10,250 and presented by Andrew Beiler for Bianca Gaeta and the Erdenheim Farm.
Mark your calendar for January 15-16, 2019 and enjoy the fine horses and great comraderie offered by this well managed and attended event. For more information, visit www.MorganHorseAuction.com or call John David Fisher at 717-293-5788 or David Glick at 717-442-9680. Keep up with sale activities all year round on our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/morganhorseauction.
Posted in News by Mid-Atlantic Morgan Sale
The 2018 Mid-Atlantic Morgan Breeders Sale catalog has gone to press and will be arriving in mailboxes by next week. To download a digital version, click here.
This year’s sale features an incredible variety of Morgan horses for all disciplines, whether you show, breed or just want a versatile horse for trail riding or driving. Make your plans to attend our 2018 sale in Harrisburg, PA on January 16-17 and enjoy the beautiful Pennsylvania Farm Complex facility and all it offers!
Posted in News and tagged breeding horses, driving Morgans, morgan horse sale, morgans for sale, show horses, trail horses by Mid-Atlantic Morgan Sale
Consignments for our 2018 sale are now coming in and will be posted as soon as possible after they are received. We have already closed our stallion presentation with our limit of 10 stallions reached.
The catalog will go to press by December 1st, but you can preview the sale horses here on our website on our Consignments page. Have a photo for the catalog for a horse you’ve consigned? Please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remember our Shippers Depot is here on the website for those who have room coming or going to the sale! Post your free classified for shipping there.
Posted in News and tagged driving horse sale, morgan horse auction, morgan horse sale by Mid-Atlantic Morgan Sale
The 2017 Mid-Atlantic Morgan Horse Sale was very well attended with incredible consignments and we topped last years highest per-head average in over a decade ($4,640) by reaching an all time high of $5,321. We thank our consignors for bringing us some of the best horses we’ve ever had the privilege of selling here and hope to see you again in 2018!
If you did not receive a catalog last year and would like to be on our mailing list, please send an email to us at email@example.com.
Held during the popular Pennsylvania Draft Horse and Driving Sale, our sale attendees enjoyed craft and food vendors, manufacturers and other equine and farm related presentations as well as some of the top draft and driving horses in the country presented for sale, all under the beautiful, heated and spacious Pennsylvania Farm Complex.
Plan on joining us next year! Below are the final bids on the horses sold at the 2017 sale —
Lot Number | Horse | Consignor | Final Bid
- French Memories (Leo Cordero) $4,700
- WVS Launa’s Champ (Amos Yoder Jr.) $12,000
- BJD Final Champagne (John David Stolzfus) $3,700
- CGO April (Carroll Osburn) $3,000
- Masque N Lee (Starcrest Stables) $6,500
- JSF Midnight Sailer (Amos Fisher) $6,750
- JE Flash Lite (Joseph Esh) No Sale at $2,500
- EY Morningstar’s Rusty (Morningstar Morgans) $10,000
- Starlit Acres Promotion (Mars Stables) $8,000
- Pleasantviews Powerstroke (David King Jr) $4,600
- Derawnda Pasifica (Shem Swarey) $5,300
- BJB Inspiration (Jonas Hershberger) $2,250
- D Bar J Iri-Orion (Matthew Miller) OUT
- Queen’s Chances Are (Mahlon Coblentz) $6,700
- KW Awesome Sunbeam (Eldon Lambright) No Sale at $5,700
- FMG’s Hot Tamale In Black (Buena Vista Morgans) $6,250
- Sinius Black Tie (Evening Star Morgans) $6,250
- Rising Sun Casey (Eli Ebersol) $3,500
- SVS Star Bright (Omar Stoltzfus) No Sale at $3,250
- E&L Mirrissa (Joseph Beiler) $2,500
- HBMS Wild Fire (Paul Jess) $5,300
- Famous Ruby (Marvin Miller) $3,800
- Elm Ranch Bolt (Samuel Detweiler) $5,000
- Alphastar Almost Illegal (Mark Fisher) $3,200
- Four Star Hank (Troyer Valley Stables) $3,700
- Mirror Mirror (Broadmoor) $6,500
- Immortal Captain (Tobias Swarey) $3,500
- MDMH Sugar (Amos Yoder Jr) $11,000
- Derawnda Windhawk (Derawnda Farms) $7,700
- ECS Credit Rosella (Amos Fisher) $1,100
- Private Selection (Firman Yoder) $6,400
- Chip-N-Alex (Starcrest Stables) $4,300
- Flash Golden Girl (Eli Hershberger) $3,500
- HBMS Noble Flight (Paul Stoltzfus Jr) $5,200
- HAE High Beam (Michael Lee Fisher) $3,700
- Acorn Ridge My Man (Mars Stables) $4,500
- Reflection’s Black Beauty (Daniel Bowman) $7,750
- Pleasantview’s Amarak (Mahlon Coblentz) $4,250
- Ferretti (Andrew Beiler) $5,000
- ELY Limelight (Enos & Lovina Yutzy) $1,900
- M U R Domination (Amos Yoder Jr) $10,250
- Sparkling Buttons (Harmony Acres) $3,000
- JDS De La Rentia (Jonas Hershberger) $3,750
- Derawnda Dreamwalker (Samuel Detweiler) $7,500
- Derawnda Silent Night (Derawnda Farms) $5,600
- WVS Extreme Demander (Buena Vista Morgans) $30,000
- THFM Jim-Bob (Skyline Morgan Stables) No Sale at $6,250
- Penny’s Lucky Ladd (Evening Star Morgans) No Sale at $5,500
- RisingSunDiana (Eli Ebersol) $4,100
- AHB Sunbeam Lilly (Buena Vista Morgans) $5,500
- RPS Par Excellence (Daniel Fisher/Benuel Stoltzfus) $3,250
- LSS Highlights Cinnamon (Elam Zook) $1,000
- LSS Highlights Cruiser (Elam Zook) OUT
- WVS Jane’s Imortal Bell (Amos Yoder Jr) $15,000
- Warriors Masque (Amos Fisher) $9,500
- Lucky Four Foot Trophy (Joseph Beiler) No Sale at $2,900
- Rustic V’s On Fire (Starcrest Stables) $10,000
- Alphastar Captain Crunch (Mark Fisher) No Sale at $1,250
- Nittanys Classy Boy (Shem Swarey) $4,200
- Derawnda Supreme Ruler (Derawnda Farms) $7,000
- BVMS Delights Sweet Rose (Buena Vista Morgans) $10,000
- OY Dutch Cruiser (Olan Yoder/Sam Kauffman Jr) No Sale at $2,800
- Bon Jovi’s Gold Chip (John David Stoltzfus) $5,400
- Sideways (Will Vidler) $3,400
- Pleasantview’s Black Ace (Mahlon Coblentz) $5,500
- Edna Jane (Enos & Lovina Yutzy) $3,250
- WVS Black Gold (Amos Yoder Jr) $16,250
- Obsessive Black Rose (Troyer Valley Stables) OUT
- Kish Creek’s Crystal (Sam Stoltzfus/S&F Stables) $5,500
- HHR Starfire Magic (Happy Valley Stables) $3,400
- Four Star Norma (Paul Jess) $3,000
- Romina’s Fire Gal (Roy Miller) $5,750
- Key Ms Center Stage (Samuel Detweiler) $4,100
- Illusion’s Flyer (Brookside Farm) $3,750
- Derawnda Wind Stream (Derawnda Farms) $8,200
- Ultras Godiva (Chestnut Ridge Morgans) $5,500
- Who Shoe’s Princes (Tobias Swarey) No Sale at $6,000
- BJB’s Command Performance (Elam Stolzfus) $5,200
- SMS Wellington (John Raber) $4,600
- FMG’s Black Cheyene (Floyd E. Graber) $3,500
- Wildly Wicked (Amos Fisher) $3,000
- Believeinmie (Free Spirit Morgans) $3,600
- Triple Pines Lee (Starcrest Stables) $5,200
- Triple Pines Dawson (Starcrest Stables) $3,750
- Grandview Stormy Night (Mark Fisher) No Sale at $3,600
- Who Knows (Andrew Beiler) $3,700
- Miss American Silk (Eli Ebersol) $3,200
- HVS AmericanStarsNStripes (Michael Miller) $4,250
- WS He’s All The Rage (Omar Stoltzfus) $5,000
- Derawnda Wind Turbine (Derawnda Farms) $7,700
- Ingates Here I Glow (Aden Weaver) $8,250
- ESM Bacardi Splash (Evening Star Morgans) $2,200
- HTLD Fine Design (Eldon Lambright) $4,300
- Archery Gunpowder (Joseph Beiler) OUT
- Mists Eastser Pete (Shem Swarey) No Sale at $2,800
- Four Star Powerstroke (Paul Jess) $3,100
- Pleasantview’s Norma Jean (Mahlon Coblentz) OUT
- DBS Rosetta (Daniel Bowman) $4,000
- Uno Crystal’s Dream (Sam Stoltzfus/S&F Stables) No Sale at $2,200
- LFM Beaming Roses (Happy Valley Stables) $3,500
- Astro’s Delight (John Raber) $6,250
- TWP Acres Alex Rocket (Paul Troyer) $4,500
- Romina’s Peace Maker (Roy Miller) $5,700
- Buck Creek’s Rocky (Elmer Fisher Jr) $4,250
- RH&MJ Sara Bell (Mahlon Miller) $1,500
- WVS Born To Be Wild (Amos Yoder Jr) $4,200
- CLS Freedom Winner (Chestnut Ridge Morgans) $9,700
- Stingray Classic Hope (Henry Troyer) $6,400
- Boxford Psychic (Joe Troyer) $7,750
- HRMF Uptown Beat (Troyer Valley Stables) $4,000
- Embrace The Heat (John Raber) $4,900
- Stingray-Kashmir (Joe Esch) $4,250
- WEM Nick In Motion (Steven Yoder) $4,200
- Round-Top Royal Cowboy (Jonas Hershberger) $3,250
- Valley Acres Prince (Samuel Detweiler) $3,500
- Pleasantview’s Serenity (Mahlon Coblentz) $2,800
- ELY Banjo (Enos & Lovina Yutzy) $4,000
SALE AVERAGE: $5,320.54/per head
Posted in News and tagged harrisburg morgan sale, mid-a sale, morgan auction, morgan sale, pa farm complex by Mid-Atlantic Morgan Sale
We’ve sent out 2017 Mid-Atlantic Morgan Sale Catalog to press, and you can download your digital copy by clicking on the image at left. We’ve got a great line up of well bred and well trained horses, as well as proven broodmares and some exceptional prospects. Make your travel arrangements for Harrisburg, Pennsylvania on January 18-19th and enjoy one of the winter’s most exciting events!
Posted in News and tagged breeding horses, harrisburg draft horse sale, harrisburg driving horse sale, morgan horse sale, prospects, show horses, trail horses by Mid-Atlantic Morgan Sale
All of our 2017 consignments are now ON LINE and our catalog is closed and in production. Visit our Consignments page to choose your next breeding, show, driving or family Morgan and make plans to be in Harrisburg, PA on January 17-18th.
Posted in News by Mid-Atlantic Morgan Sale
Today’s consignment additions include a 100% Lippitt gelding, just coming three years old and started in harness! Be sure to check out Amberfields Laredo on our Consignment page. Looking for a trail partner who knows her way around natural horsemanship? Legal Dreamer is for you!
Posted in News and tagged broodmare, carriage horse, endurance trail riding by Mid-Atlantic Morgan Sale
Today’s entries include a well bred mare by the late, great Cedar CreekHarlequin, several nice black prospects and more stallions you’ll be able to see in person during our Stallion Presentation! Go to our Consignments page to see the latest entries.
Posted in News and tagged black Morgan, broke to ride, driving horse, mare in foal, proven broodmare, proven sire, stallion prospect by Mid-Atlantic Morgan Sale